Another Mid-Eastern producer announces Oct PE prices to SEA
“Demand from Southeast Asia is not likely to be bright for October as regional producers’ offers are more competitive thanks to lower costs while Middle Eastern suppliers are reluctant to give further decreases as they think that they already lowered their prices significantly in the past months. We hope to see a rebound in prices for the coming month. However, many buyers taking a cautious stance and are expecting to receive discounts,” the source commented.
Last week, players in Southeast Asia reported that initial October PE prices from Middle Eastern producers were announced with increases of around $30-50/ton from September. Firmer prices were attributed to higher spot ethylene costs and some supply limitations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months