Another Mid-Eastern producer lifts PE, PP prices to Egypt
A distributor reported that they received $50/ton firmer PE and PP prices from a regional producer at $1450/ton for HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE c4 film on CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis. Meanwhile, they also obtained PP raffia and injection for June at $1400/ton with the same terms.
“The Middle Eastern producer’s allocations are still limited for June, but at the same time market activity is very weak and buying interest remains at minimal levels. However, for LLDPE c4 film, overall supplies appear slightly better than last month,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets