Another S. Korean ABS producer reveals April hikes to Turkey
“Our supplier issued $50/ton hikes for April and we had to accept this hike since we have limited availability. We got 600 tons and requested for an additional 300 tons. However, the seller was not able to provide the extra allocation we requested. I think the main reason behind their higher offers is stronger styrene costs rather than production issues," commented the trader.
Overall, South Korean ABS prices are now reported at $1720-1800/ton for natural and $1950-2000/ton for white, all on CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe