Another Saudi producer announces October PE, PP prices to Egypt
According to the trader, the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1180/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE c4 film, at $1080/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and at $1210/ton for LDPE film, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“The higher dollar parity is panicking the market. We are very cautious about our purchases as the market is risky now. The dollar availability is very tight and the increasing parity is hindering the overall market activity. We also sell very limited quantities in the local market in order not to jeopardize our margins. We hear that Middle Eastern suppliers are keeping their offers more or less steady given the hindered import activity,” the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand