Another Saudi producer announces October PE, PP prices to Egypt
According to the trader, the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1180/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE c4 film, at $1080/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and at $1210/ton for LDPE film, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“The higher dollar parity is panicking the market. We are very cautious about our purchases as the market is risky now. The dollar availability is very tight and the increasing parity is hindering the overall market activity. We also sell very limited quantities in the local market in order not to jeopardize our margins. We hear that Middle Eastern suppliers are keeping their offers more or less steady given the hindered import activity,” the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike