Another Saudi producer announces October PE, PP prices to Egypt
According to the trader, the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1180/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE c4 film, at $1080/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and at $1210/ton for LDPE film, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“The higher dollar parity is panicking the market. We are very cautious about our purchases as the market is risky now. The dollar availability is very tight and the increasing parity is hindering the overall market activity. We also sell very limited quantities in the local market in order not to jeopardize our margins. We hear that Middle Eastern suppliers are keeping their offers more or less steady given the hindered import activity,” the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA
- PP raffia downtrend shows no signs of easing in Vietnam
- European PS, ABS markets brace for further drops in Dec