Another Saudi producer issues August PP, PE prices to Egypt
Their new August prices stand at $1450/ton for HDPE, LLDPE c4 and LDPE film and at $1400/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days basis. Prior to this producer’s announcement, a major Saudi Arabian producer had also revealed their August PP and PE prices with up to $50/ton decreases from their July levels. However, despite their decrease, this major producer’s offers carry a large premium of around $90-130/ton for PE and $100/ton for PP when compared with the latest Saudi offers that the converter received.
“Our supplier holds sufficient quota amounts for August and their offers, although rolled over, are negotiable and lower done deal levels are obtainable. Meanwhile, demand is improving but only slightly,” added the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets