Another Saudi producer issues May PP, PE hikes in the local market
A distributor commented that the new May levels indicate mostly rollovers to slight increases of up to SAR17/ton ($5/ton) for PE and SAR110-148/ton ($29-39/ton) increases for PP.
The producer’s new levels for PP raffia and injection stand at SAR3598/ton ($959/ton), PPBC injection is at SAR3898/ton ($1039/ton), HDPE film and blow moulding at SAR4200/ton ($1120/ton), HDPE injection at SAR4125/ton ($1100/ton) and LLDPE film at SAR4292/ton ($1144/ton) on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
This producer’s May offers stand at more competitive levels with respect to the other local Saudi producer’s new May levels, which were announced at the end of last week.
This producer’s new May levels are SAR227/ton ($61/ton) more competitive for PP raffia and injection, SAR150/ton ($40/ton) more competitive for HDPE film, SAR263/ton ($70/ton) more competitive for HDPE b/m and SAR413/ton ($110/ton) more competitive for HDPE injection.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019