Another Saudi producer reveals June PP, PE prices to Egypt
A distributor reported that a different Saudi producer approached the market with rollovers for PP and up to three digit decreases for PE on their new June offers. According to him, the producer’s new prices stand at $1080/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, at $1210/ton for LDPE film, at $1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1180/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“The producer elected to roll over their PP prices while they lowered their PE prices by $50/ton for LDPE film, $80/ton for LLDPE film and $110/ton for HDPE film when compared to May. We feel that the new announcements coupled with slow demand may exert downwards pressure on locally-held PE markets in the days ahead. Market activities are stagnant given the lull of the Ramadan month. Hence, more sellers are open to negotiations for additional discounts nowadays,” the distributor commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand