Another Taiwanese producer lifts PS prices to Asia
The producer lifted their prices by $5/ton for GPPS and by $50-55/ton for HIPS when compared to last week, concluding GPPS deals at their offer levels of $1410/ton on a CIF China/SEA, cash basis. For HIPS, they concluded deals with a $10/ton discount from their offer levels at $1470/ton with the same terms.
The source commented, “Demand is not good and buyers are sidelined ahead of the holidays. We generally sell 7,000 tons of PS every month, but this month our sales were limited to 5,000 tons. For the near term, we expect prices to remain on a firm trend and not to show any significant drops due to rising raw material costs.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS