April ABS prices from Far East Asia note sharp decreases in Turkey
Two South Korean ABS producers applied $100-150/ton decreases for the new month bringing the overall ABS natural range down to $1900-1920/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty. ABS white offers, meanwhile, emerged at $2080/ton with the same terms, down $70/ton month over month.
A trader commented, “These prices still need to decline by around $150-200/ton taking the recent production costs in Asia into account. We have not been replacing material during the last couple of months and prefer to go back to back instead.” Another player opined, “No one is willing to replenish long distance cargos. However, as we don’t have much quantity on hand left, we will negotiate with the producer to obtain additional discounts and purchase some ABS.”
A Taiwanese ABS maker applied $115/ton drops for April, in the meantime. The supplier’s most recent list prices were reported at $1850/ton for ABS natural and $2000/ton for ABS white, both CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Spot styrene prices on a FOB South Korea basis were last reported at around $1160/ton, mostly stable on the week but $185/ton below early March levels. Spot butadiene costs dropped by $50/ton to $1750/ton with the same terms week over week, while they sank $1250/ton throughout March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye