April PE offers emerge steady in South Africa
A trader said that the Saudi major rolled over its April PE offers to the country while the local producer Sasol followed suit. “Supplies are short in the local market especially for LLDPE as Sasol is exporting more quotas now in order to achieve better margins. In addition, Sasol’s PE and PP exports are being delayed due to a serious fire. The fluctuating parity is the main issue in South Africa now, hence players are cautious about their purchases while they are monitoring the exchange rates carefully," added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?