April PE offers emerge steady in South Africa
A trader said that the Saudi major rolled over its April PE offers to the country while the local producer Sasol followed suit. “Supplies are short in the local market especially for LLDPE as Sasol is exporting more quotas now in order to achieve better margins. In addition, Sasol’s PE and PP exports are being delayed due to a serious fire. The fluctuating parity is the main issue in South Africa now, hence players are cautious about their purchases while they are monitoring the exchange rates carefully," added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note