April PP outlook gauged in Europe amid higher c3 and mediocre demand
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Most players have bullish expectations for next month as maintenance shutdowns at crackers will peak in April-May. However, some players who believe that producers enjoyed high margins amid lower naphtha and crude oil prices think that there may not be significant increases in the contracts next month. “As for April, we heard that increases of €50/ton may emerge in propylene contracts,” said a distributor.
Meanwhile, downstream demand is not satisfactory, according to some players, as buyers are mostly sidelined while waiting for the propylene contracts.
Buyers are lamenting about low margins as they failed to pass the increases onto their end products. “We are focused on running down our inventories as our end product demand has recently slowed down and we only buy fresh material in small amounts,” added buyer.
An Italian buyer commented, “We received a Korean homo PP offer with late April delivery at €1240/ton DDP through a reseller, but we are planning to negotiate for a discount as the seller seems available for slight discounts. Supply is not tight, except for some copolymers as we faced no problems in securing material this month. If demand remains stagnant in the first part of April, sellers may decrease their prices in order to achieve better sales.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs