April PVC hikes outpace ethylene increases in Italy
A West European PVC producer lifted their spot prices by €100/ton in spite of the relatively smaller ethylene settlements in order to repair their margins. A producer source said that their supply is regular, but added that they cannot meet orders for extra volumes.
Another West European producer concluded their April PVC deals with increases of €60-80/ton from last month. A source from the producer reported, “Our supply is short and we are almost sold out. Demand has been good so far and we are receiving a good number of price inquiries, but we cannot supply additional volumes.”
Agents of a Central European producer issued sharp hikes of €130-170/ton on their April PVC prices citing short availability. One of the sellers commented, “Our supplier has limited quantities for Italy as they prefer to export to other markets. Some buyers are complaining about such sharp hikes while others accepted these levels due to supply constraints.”
Following their sharp increases, Central European origins are now forming the high ends of this week’s ranges.
A compounder made some purchases with increases of up to €95/ton from last month. The buyer confirmed that supply is quite short, adding that some of his suppliers had less material than his requested amount. A pipe producer bought West and Central European PVC paying hikes between €100-130/ton for April. “We are struggling to reflect higher upstream costs to our end product. We think that the upward trend will slow down and prices could stabilize in the May-June period,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets