April PVC hikes outpace ethylene increases in Italy
A West European PVC producer lifted their spot prices by €100/ton in spite of the relatively smaller ethylene settlements in order to repair their margins. A producer source said that their supply is regular, but added that they cannot meet orders for extra volumes.
Another West European producer concluded their April PVC deals with increases of €60-80/ton from last month. A source from the producer reported, “Our supply is short and we are almost sold out. Demand has been good so far and we are receiving a good number of price inquiries, but we cannot supply additional volumes.”
Agents of a Central European producer issued sharp hikes of €130-170/ton on their April PVC prices citing short availability. One of the sellers commented, “Our supplier has limited quantities for Italy as they prefer to export to other markets. Some buyers are complaining about such sharp hikes while others accepted these levels due to supply constraints.”
Following their sharp increases, Central European origins are now forming the high ends of this week’s ranges.
A compounder made some purchases with increases of up to €95/ton from last month. The buyer confirmed that supply is quite short, adding that some of his suppliers had less material than his requested amount. A pipe producer bought West and Central European PVC paying hikes between €100-130/ton for April. “We are struggling to reflect higher upstream costs to our end product. We think that the upward trend will slow down and prices could stabilize in the May-June period,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high