April industrial production up in Germany, down in France
The data indicated that the rise in industrial output in April was due to increases of 5.7% and 1% in energy production and in production of intermediate goods respectively. Production of capital goods also climbed slightly by 0.3% while production in construction declined by 0.1%.
Unlike the industrial output in Germany, the data from Insee showed that the industrial output in France decreased by 0.5% in April month-on-month following a revised increase of 2.2% in March and missed the estimates of a rise of 0.2%. However, the country’s industrial production was up by 0.8% in April year-on-year.
The data showed that the fall in output in April was mainly driven by a 1.2% decrease in manufacturing after a rise of 2.8% in March. However, the production in construction sector rebounded by 3.4% after a fall of 5.4% in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months