April polymer imports to EU28 down on month, year
On a monthly basis, they fell by 0.7% to around 1,185,000 tons in April, while they were down by 12% from the same month of 2018.
In a product-based breakdown, total PP imports retreated marginally in April when compared to the previous month to 1,327,000 tons. They were also down by 8.7% when compared to the same month of 2018.
In April, total PE imports in the EU28 dropped by 0.7% on the month to 1,122,000 tons while they were down by 13.6% on the year.
Total PVC imports to the EU28 decreased by 2.7% on the month in April to around 906,000 tons. They were also down by 10.5% from the same month of 2018.
April PS imports posted minor changes on the month to reach 1,442,000 tons while they were significantly down by 18.7% from April 2018.
Total PET imports were slightly down by 0.5% on the month and 5% on the year to 1,164,000 tons in April.
ABS imports to the EU28 dropped marginally on the month to be reported at 1,861,000 tons while they fell significantly by 16.5% from the same period of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient