Aramco, Petronas pursue multi-billion loan for RAPID project
As part of the agreement signed between Petronas and Saudi Aramco earlier this year, Aramco agreed to buy 50% share in RAPID project in Johor for $7 billion.
Saudi Aramco also agreed to take a 50% share of the Malaysian company’s share in its subsidiary PRPC for $900 million.
Meanwhile, Petronas announced that the new refinery within the RAPID project has been completed by 77% and is on track to start operations in 2019 as planned this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s import PP, PE markets stable after weeks of declines; is the downturn over?
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally