Are Turkey’s polymer imports to close 2017 with a new record of 5 million tons?
Assuming that the growth rate of overall polymer imports remains at least at around 8-10% until the year-end, it is highly probable that the country’s cumulative polymer imports may move above 4.5 million tons or even draw near the 5-million-ton threshold for the whole 2017.
In a product-based breakdown, imports of PP, PVC, HDPE, LLDPE, ABS and PET all posted yearly increases in considerable amounts during October while LDPE’s yearly increase was relatively smaller and PS imports were mostly steady.
The total imports of LDPE and ABS also hit the largest October quantities in 16 years, while HDPE imports hit the second largest volume for the month.
When taking the first 10 months of this year into account, meanwhile, the cumulative imports unexceptionally soared for all polymers from the same period of last year. Imports of homo PP, LDPE, LLDPE suggested record highs while the largest increase was seen in LLDPE imports with 22%, which also pointed to the highest volume that was imported in October since 2001, when ChemOrbis first began to collect statistics data.
For more, please visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics-by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics-by country . You can also compare the statistics of various regions and products at a glance by visiting to Stats Wizard , which enables you to create your own charts and graphs under Analysis Tools section.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing
- Global PET markets sustain bullish run on tightness, healthy demand
- PS markets follow divergent paths in Asia and Europe