Are Turkey’s polymer imports to close 2017 with a new record of 5 million tons?
Assuming that the growth rate of overall polymer imports remains at least at around 8-10% until the year-end, it is highly probable that the country’s cumulative polymer imports may move above 4.5 million tons or even draw near the 5-million-ton threshold for the whole 2017.
In a product-based breakdown, imports of PP, PVC, HDPE, LLDPE, ABS and PET all posted yearly increases in considerable amounts during October while LDPE’s yearly increase was relatively smaller and PS imports were mostly steady.
The total imports of LDPE and ABS also hit the largest October quantities in 16 years, while HDPE imports hit the second largest volume for the month.
When taking the first 10 months of this year into account, meanwhile, the cumulative imports unexceptionally soared for all polymers from the same period of last year. Imports of homo PP, LDPE, LLDPE suggested record highs while the largest increase was seen in LLDPE imports with 22%, which also pointed to the highest volume that was imported in October since 2001, when ChemOrbis first began to collect statistics data.
For more, please visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics-by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics-by country . You can also compare the statistics of various regions and products at a glance by visiting to Stats Wizard , which enables you to create your own charts and graphs under Analysis Tools section.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low