Asia is preparing for ethylene and propylene shutdowns
In the propylene market, many propylene plants including FCC, PDH plants and crackers have already been shut since May or June in Japan and they are expected to be back in August. However, there is more ahead in August and September as can be seen below from ChemOrbis Production News.
The ethylene market is undergoing a similar schedule, which keeps ethylene supplies limited across Asia. Players in Asia also report that the gains in the downstream PP and PE markets help monomer prices remain firm.
You can track the most updated production news on ChemOrbis by visiting PP Production News and PE Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS