Asia is preparing for ethylene and propylene shutdowns
In the propylene market, many propylene plants including FCC, PDH plants and crackers have already been shut since May or June in Japan and they are expected to be back in August. However, there is more ahead in August and September as can be seen below from ChemOrbis Production News.
The ethylene market is undergoing a similar schedule, which keeps ethylene supplies limited across Asia. Players in Asia also report that the gains in the downstream PP and PE markets help monomer prices remain firm.
You can track the most updated production news on ChemOrbis by visiting PP Production News and PE Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance
- Asian ethylene slumps on supply glut