Asia is preparing for ethylene and propylene shutdowns
In the propylene market, many propylene plants including FCC, PDH plants and crackers have already been shut since May or June in Japan and they are expected to be back in August. However, there is more ahead in August and September as can be seen below from ChemOrbis Production News.
The ethylene market is undergoing a similar schedule, which keeps ethylene supplies limited across Asia. Players in Asia also report that the gains in the downstream PP and PE markets help monomer prices remain firm.
You can track the most updated production news on ChemOrbis by visiting PP Production News and PE Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy