Asia is preparing for ethylene and propylene shutdowns
In the propylene market, many propylene plants including FCC, PDH plants and crackers have already been shut since May or June in Japan and they are expected to be back in August. However, there is more ahead in August and September as can be seen below from ChemOrbis Production News.
The ethylene market is undergoing a similar schedule, which keeps ethylene supplies limited across Asia. Players in Asia also report that the gains in the downstream PP and PE markets help monomer prices remain firm.
You can track the most updated production news on ChemOrbis by visiting PP Production News and PE Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing