Asia is preparing for ethylene and propylene shutdowns
In the propylene market, many propylene plants including FCC, PDH plants and crackers have already been shut since May or June in Japan and they are expected to be back in August. However, there is more ahead in August and September as can be seen below from ChemOrbis Production News.
The ethylene market is undergoing a similar schedule, which keeps ethylene supplies limited across Asia. Players in Asia also report that the gains in the downstream PP and PE markets help monomer prices remain firm.
You can track the most updated production news on ChemOrbis by visiting PP Production News and PE Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe