Asia’s refining capacity to hit 3-year high in 2017
Accordingly, China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) will reportedly start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and PetroChina is expected to refine 260,000 barrels/day in Yunnan. Chinese independent refiners’ imports will also increase by 200,000-400,000 barrels/day while Taiwan’s demand in Talin refinery will rise by 100,000 barrels/day.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is expected to start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and India’s Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd is planning a 210,000 barrels/day expansion in Kochi.
In order to meet the oil demand of Asia, Iraq signed Basra Heavy deals, Iran will start up a pipeline and a terminal to export crude to West Kharoon and Kuwait will restart production from oilfields, which are jointly operated with Saudi Arabia, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out