Asia’s refining capacity to hit 3-year high in 2017
Accordingly, China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) will reportedly start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and PetroChina is expected to refine 260,000 barrels/day in Yunnan. Chinese independent refiners’ imports will also increase by 200,000-400,000 barrels/day while Taiwan’s demand in Talin refinery will rise by 100,000 barrels/day.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is expected to start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and India’s Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd is planning a 210,000 barrels/day expansion in Kochi.
In order to meet the oil demand of Asia, Iraq signed Basra Heavy deals, Iran will start up a pipeline and a terminal to export crude to West Kharoon and Kuwait will restart production from oilfields, which are jointly operated with Saudi Arabia, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops