Asia’s refining capacity to hit 3-year high in 2017
Accordingly, China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) will reportedly start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and PetroChina is expected to refine 260,000 barrels/day in Yunnan. Chinese independent refiners’ imports will also increase by 200,000-400,000 barrels/day while Taiwan’s demand in Talin refinery will rise by 100,000 barrels/day.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is expected to start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and India’s Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd is planning a 210,000 barrels/day expansion in Kochi.
In order to meet the oil demand of Asia, Iraq signed Basra Heavy deals, Iran will start up a pipeline and a terminal to export crude to West Kharoon and Kuwait will restart production from oilfields, which are jointly operated with Saudi Arabia, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Energy consumption curbs start to bite Chinese petchem markets
- Spot PE markets yield to fading demand, better availability in Europe
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs