Asia’s refining capacity to hit 3-year high in 2017
Accordingly, China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) will reportedly start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and PetroChina is expected to refine 260,000 barrels/day in Yunnan. Chinese independent refiners’ imports will also increase by 200,000-400,000 barrels/day while Taiwan’s demand in Talin refinery will rise by 100,000 barrels/day.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is expected to start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and India’s Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd is planning a 210,000 barrels/day expansion in Kochi.
In order to meet the oil demand of Asia, Iraq signed Basra Heavy deals, Iran will start up a pipeline and a terminal to export crude to West Kharoon and Kuwait will restart production from oilfields, which are jointly operated with Saudi Arabia, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East