Asia’s refining capacity to hit 3-year high in 2017
Accordingly, China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) will reportedly start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and PetroChina is expected to refine 260,000 barrels/day in Yunnan. Chinese independent refiners’ imports will also increase by 200,000-400,000 barrels/day while Taiwan’s demand in Talin refinery will rise by 100,000 barrels/day.
Meanwhile, Vietnam is expected to start up a new refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels/day and India’s Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd is planning a 210,000 barrels/day expansion in Kochi.
In order to meet the oil demand of Asia, Iraq signed Basra Heavy deals, Iran will start up a pipeline and a terminal to export crude to West Kharoon and Kuwait will restart production from oilfields, which are jointly operated with Saudi Arabia, the reports revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?