Asian PS, ABS suppliers continue to slash offers to Turkey
GPPS and HIPS offers from a South Korean producer suggested $30/ton decreases this week, which brought the total drop amount to $170/ton for both products from September. Currently, the producer’s offers stand at $1420/ton for GPPS and $1520/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash, no duty.
ABS offers from the same producer also reduced further by $50/ton on the top of their initial decreases of $40/ton for October. Their most recent ABS natural injection price stand at $1900/ton, while white and black grades are offered at $2050/ton and $2020/ton, respectively with the same terms.
Traders reported, “We elected not to replace any stocks at these prices considering the weak demand outlook for the year-end.” Counter bids were $70/ton below the producer’s most recent levels, in the meantime.
Additionally, an agent of an Indian PS maker reported that their supplier cut their list prices by another $20/ton from last week to $1380/ton for GPPS and $1430/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash. The cumulative decline from the source reached $160/ton for this month. “We are yet to conclude any deals so far this week with bids standing much lower than our prices. Buyers aim for $1300/ton or even slightly below this threshold for GPPS,” the agent stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high