Asian PS players are open to discounts in SEA and China
A Taiwanese producer commented, “We kept our offers mostly unchanged compared to last week. Players are sourcing only on an as needed basis and have no plan to build extra stocks.” But, a company source admitted seeing limited orders.
Another Taiwanese producer reported revising its offers slightly down due to lower styrene costs. “If styrene prices remain soft in August during the maintenance shutdowns of styrene and PS plants across the region, PS prices will also track a soft trend,” said a producer source.
A Singaporean producer rolled over its PS offers from last week and added, “Our prices are not deemed as acceptable in the market so we are open for negotiation on our offers.”
Import prices were reported at $1120-1220/ton for GPPS and $1210-1250/ton for HIPS, CIF SEA, cash basis. A done deal was reported for Chinese material in Vietnam, which caused the low end of the GPPS range to come $60/ton lower. The done deal for competitive Chinese GPPS reflects the weakness of demand in the Chinese market.
Import GPPS prices were reported stable on the week at $1180-1200/ton CIF/CFR China/ Hong Kong, cash equivalent basis while HIPS offers stood at $1230-1270/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand