Asian PS prices record reductions for August in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Indian offers are now reported at $1340/ton for GPPS and $1390/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash. These levels represent decreases of $60-80/ton from the late July levels. There are also market rumors of deals below these initially announced levels.
Similarly, Pakistani offers emerged $50/ton lower at $1400/ton for GPPS and $1475/ton for HIPS CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash. These offers are still considered unworkable by players.
In China, import PS prices witnessed additional decreases of $15-20/ton after hitting a three month low at the start of the week. Players attributed fresh PS drops to lower energy costs and limited demand. In Southeast Asia, a Taiwanese producer lowered their PS prices by $40-50/ton blaming slow demand and declining feedstock costs. The producer hopes to see improved buying interest in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce