Asian PVC players voice expectations for Nov pricing
Crude oil prices on NYMEX broke above the $50/barrel threshold on October 6 for the first time since June while futures closed with a $1.54/barrel increase at $51.35/barrel on October 10. Looking at futures markets, January PVC prices on the Dalian Commodity Exchange were CNY170/ton ($25/ton) higher on October 11 from a day earlier.
A trader operating in India noted that buyers are mostly expecting to see increases of around $20-30/ton on a major Taiwanese producer’s November prices. “We expect the major producer to announce their new prices around October 17 before buyers start to leave their desks for the Diwali holidays which will begin on October 28. Although we feel that another round of increases might meet resistance from buyers, firming crude oil is likely to support sellers’ hands for another month,” he commented.
A source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC producer reported that they issued a $5/ton increase on their FOB based prices following the end of the National Day holidays. The source stated, “Players were mostly expecting a downturn in the PVC market after the holidays; however, initial post-holiday offers suggest that a firm trend remains in place, supported by firmer energy costs and tight supplies, especially for acetylene based materials given the government’s environmental inspections. We believe that a major Taiwanese producer will approach Asian markets with a $10/ton increase on their new November prices in the days ahead.”
A source from a Southeast Asian PVC producer also stated that they expect a major Taiwanese producer to announce increases of around $10-20/ton on their PVC prices for November. “They might need to come with rollovers for December, though,” he further added.
The major Taiwanese producer raised their PVC prices to China, Southeast Asia and India for the last three consecutive months. They had issued a $40/ton increase on their October prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question