Asian ethylene stable for a month amid signs of rebound
As can be seen in the graph below created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot ethylene prices on CFR Far East Asia basis retreated by around $110/ton on average from late September to late October. Following this downturn, spot prices headed north until mid-November and cancelled almost half of their previous losses. Since then, they have been tracking a stable to slightly firmer trend.
Players mostly expect spot ethylene prices to witness increases in the upcoming month, citing reduced supplies in the midst of turnarounds as well as a possible further improvement in demand in line with the approaching Chinese New Year.
Meanwhile, the ongoing bullish run of the energy complex seems to provide further support to the firming expectations of ethylene. The recent supply disruptions amidst a pipeline shutdown at the North Sea oilfield have pushed oil prices to a two-year-high recently.
To track the latest updates about the ethylene market, spot and contract prices, please click Weekly Ethylene Analysis (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows