Asian naphtha prices break below the $500 threshold
Spot naphtha prices in Asia decreased around $50/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $495/ton CFR Japan. Spot naphtha prices in Asia have declined around $105/ton from the beginning of December.
Meanwhile, Brent January crude futures settled below the $60/barrel threshold on December 16, hitting the lowest level since May 2009 on a weekly average basis while NYMEX crude closed below $56/barrel, hitting the lowest level since May 4, 2009, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
NYMEX January crude was up 2 cents to settle at $55.93/barrel on Tuesday while Brent crude on the ICE Futures Europe exchange for January was down $1.20 to settle at $59.86/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures