Asian naphtha prices break below the $500 threshold
Spot naphtha prices in Asia decreased around $50/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $495/ton CFR Japan. Spot naphtha prices in Asia have declined around $105/ton from the beginning of December.
Meanwhile, Brent January crude futures settled below the $60/barrel threshold on December 16, hitting the lowest level since May 2009 on a weekly average basis while NYMEX crude closed below $56/barrel, hitting the lowest level since May 4, 2009, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
NYMEX January crude was up 2 cents to settle at $55.93/barrel on Tuesday while Brent crude on the ICE Futures Europe exchange for January was down $1.20 to settle at $59.86/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons