Asian naphtha prices break below the $500 threshold
Spot naphtha prices in Asia decreased around $50/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $495/ton CFR Japan. Spot naphtha prices in Asia have declined around $105/ton from the beginning of December.
Meanwhile, Brent January crude futures settled below the $60/barrel threshold on December 16, hitting the lowest level since May 2009 on a weekly average basis while NYMEX crude closed below $56/barrel, hitting the lowest level since May 4, 2009, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
NYMEX January crude was up 2 cents to settle at $55.93/barrel on Tuesday while Brent crude on the ICE Futures Europe exchange for January was down $1.20 to settle at $59.86/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?