Asian naphtha prices move above $400/ton threshold
Spot naphtha prices in Asia increased $30/ton week over week to be currently reported at around $400-405/ton CFR Japan, hitting the highest levels seen since early January 2016, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard. Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices in Europe also rose about $25/ton on the week to be currently reported at around $380-385/ton CIF NWE.
Recently, crude oil prices have moved above the $40/barrel threshold. On Wednesday, NYMEX May crude settled at $41.76/barrel while ICE June Brent crude settled at $44.18/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand