Asian naphtha prices move above $400/ton threshold
Spot naphtha prices in Asia increased $30/ton week over week to be currently reported at around $400-405/ton CFR Japan, hitting the highest levels seen since early January 2016, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard. Meanwhile, spot naphtha prices in Europe also rose about $25/ton on the week to be currently reported at around $380-385/ton CIF NWE.
Recently, crude oil prices have moved above the $40/barrel threshold. On Wednesday, NYMEX May crude settled at $41.76/barrel while ICE June Brent crude settled at $44.18/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe
- African PP, PE markets start Q4 in limbo amid varying pricing policies
- Will Taiwanese major roll over November PVC offers?