Asian players: PE supplies limited from Thailand
A trader operating in Bangkok noted, “We haven’t received any offers from SCG for the last two weeks given the producer’s unexpected shutdown in late June. However, reducing supplies have not had any major impact on local prices so far. Despite sellers’ hike attempts, demand remains weak, with buyers showing resistance to higher levels.”
A global trader said, “Thai PTT’s HDPE supplies remain limited while the producer is standing firm on its offers nowadays.”
A Vietnamese trader added, “We have not received any HDPE injection offers from Thai PTT so far. We heard that the producer’s allocation is quite limited.”
The import PE market has been on a soft path in Southeast Asia for the past five months. Therefore, the shutdowns of these two producers in Thailand remain under the shadow of the upcoming PE capacities in Asia and the US, and buying interest continues to be limited in the midst of the rainy season in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years