Asian players: PE supplies limited from Thailand
A trader operating in Bangkok noted, “We haven’t received any offers from SCG for the last two weeks given the producer’s unexpected shutdown in late June. However, reducing supplies have not had any major impact on local prices so far. Despite sellers’ hike attempts, demand remains weak, with buyers showing resistance to higher levels.”
A global trader said, “Thai PTT’s HDPE supplies remain limited while the producer is standing firm on its offers nowadays.”
A Vietnamese trader added, “We have not received any HDPE injection offers from Thai PTT so far. We heard that the producer’s allocation is quite limited.”
The import PE market has been on a soft path in Southeast Asia for the past five months. Therefore, the shutdowns of these two producers in Thailand remain under the shadow of the upcoming PE capacities in Asia and the US, and buying interest continues to be limited in the midst of the rainy season in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness