Asian players report PE supply disruption from Qatar
A source commented, "We are not under any pressure or in a hurry to offer as our supplier in Qatar encountered technical problems two weeks ago and the issue has not been resolved. In addition, ethylene supply from the cracker is inconsistent while they are also trying to build inventory for their upcoming maintenance in March. These problems mainly affect LDPE supply.’’
A trader from China claimed that they have not been receiving new offers for LDPE, HDPE or LLDPE from the Qatari supplier due to production issues whilst a Vietnamese converter said, "Offers for LDPE from the Middle East have increased quite significantly in the past few months."
The producer plans to shut its 500,000 tons/year HDPE, 650,000 tons/year LDPE (No 1, No 2 and No 3) and 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plants in sequence for maintenance between March and April for two weeks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties