Asian players report PE supply disruption from Qatar
A source commented, "We are not under any pressure or in a hurry to offer as our supplier in Qatar encountered technical problems two weeks ago and the issue has not been resolved. In addition, ethylene supply from the cracker is inconsistent while they are also trying to build inventory for their upcoming maintenance in March. These problems mainly affect LDPE supply.’’
A trader from China claimed that they have not been receiving new offers for LDPE, HDPE or LLDPE from the Qatari supplier due to production issues whilst a Vietnamese converter said, "Offers for LDPE from the Middle East have increased quite significantly in the past few months."
The producer plans to shut its 500,000 tons/year HDPE, 650,000 tons/year LDPE (No 1, No 2 and No 3) and 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plants in sequence for maintenance between March and April for two weeks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets