Asian players report PE supply disruption from Qatar
A source commented, "We are not under any pressure or in a hurry to offer as our supplier in Qatar encountered technical problems two weeks ago and the issue has not been resolved. In addition, ethylene supply from the cracker is inconsistent while they are also trying to build inventory for their upcoming maintenance in March. These problems mainly affect LDPE supply.’’
A trader from China claimed that they have not been receiving new offers for LDPE, HDPE or LLDPE from the Qatari supplier due to production issues whilst a Vietnamese converter said, "Offers for LDPE from the Middle East have increased quite significantly in the past few months."
The producer plans to shut its 500,000 tons/year HDPE, 650,000 tons/year LDPE (No 1, No 2 and No 3) and 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plants in sequence for maintenance between March and April for two weeks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF