Asian producers continue to raise ABS, PS offers to the region
A trader based in Hong Kong reported that their Taiwanese supplier increased its offers to China by $70/ton for ABS and by $40/ton for PS from last week. The producer’s current offers are standing at $1380/ton for GPPS injection, at $1440/ton for HIPS injection and $1780/ton for ABS injection, all on CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
“ABS allocation is still around 50% while PS is unlimited,” a source from the producer noted.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that a South Korean producer also pulled its ABS prices up by $80-110/ton from last week to $1700-1750/ton and attributed this to high styrene prices in last week.
The trader commented, “We don’t think buyers will show any interest to these new levels since prices might turn down again by next week. We think our supplier is just testing the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months