Asian producers continue to raise ABS, PS offers to the region
A trader based in Hong Kong reported that their Taiwanese supplier increased its offers to China by $70/ton for ABS and by $40/ton for PS from last week. The producer’s current offers are standing at $1380/ton for GPPS injection, at $1440/ton for HIPS injection and $1780/ton for ABS injection, all on CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
“ABS allocation is still around 50% while PS is unlimited,” a source from the producer noted.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that a South Korean producer also pulled its ABS prices up by $80-110/ton from last week to $1700-1750/ton and attributed this to high styrene prices in last week.
The trader commented, “We don’t think buyers will show any interest to these new levels since prices might turn down again by next week. We think our supplier is just testing the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs