Asian producers continue to raise ABS, PS offers to the region
A trader based in Hong Kong reported that their Taiwanese supplier increased its offers to China by $70/ton for ABS and by $40/ton for PS from last week. The producer’s current offers are standing at $1380/ton for GPPS injection, at $1440/ton for HIPS injection and $1780/ton for ABS injection, all on CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
“ABS allocation is still around 50% while PS is unlimited,” a source from the producer noted.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that a South Korean producer also pulled its ABS prices up by $80-110/ton from last week to $1700-1750/ton and attributed this to high styrene prices in last week.
The trader commented, “We don’t think buyers will show any interest to these new levels since prices might turn down again by next week. We think our supplier is just testing the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect