Asian producers continue to raise ABS, PS offers to the region
A trader based in Hong Kong reported that their Taiwanese supplier increased its offers to China by $70/ton for ABS and by $40/ton for PS from last week. The producer’s current offers are standing at $1380/ton for GPPS injection, at $1440/ton for HIPS injection and $1780/ton for ABS injection, all on CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
“ABS allocation is still around 50% while PS is unlimited,” a source from the producer noted.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that a South Korean producer also pulled its ABS prices up by $80-110/ton from last week to $1700-1750/ton and attributed this to high styrene prices in last week.
The trader commented, “We don’t think buyers will show any interest to these new levels since prices might turn down again by next week. We think our supplier is just testing the market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets