Asian producers raise PS offers to Southeast Asia
A Vietnamese producer reported that their done deal level increased by $20-30/ton from last week for GPPS and attributed this to higher costs as well as firmer China. “We think prices will remain firm in the near term,” a source from the producer noted. The producer concluded deals at $1300-1310/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
A Southeast Asian producer applied a weekly increase of $30/ton on its PS offers from last week. The producer’s GPPS offers are currently standing at $1350-1370/ton CIF SEA, cash basis while the done deal of HIPS injection is at $1430/ton with the same terms.
An Indonesian agent of a South Korean producer also reported that their supplier raised its offers significantly by $60/ton from last week to $1440/ton for GPPS injection and $1520/ton for HIPS injection, all on CIF Indonesia, cash basis.
“Current price levels are already standing at quite high levels and it is hard to find customers to be interested in these levels. However, the producer is not under any sales pressure and they may pull their prices higher,” the trader said.
In Asia, spot ethylene prices on Far East Asia basis are currently $245/ton higher than its early August levels. CFR China based butadiene prices and FOB Korea based styrene prices also increased by around $290/ton and $75/ton respectively within the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months