Asian producers raise PS offers to Southeast Asia
A Vietnamese producer reported that their done deal level increased by $20-30/ton from last week for GPPS and attributed this to higher costs as well as firmer China. “We think prices will remain firm in the near term,” a source from the producer noted. The producer concluded deals at $1300-1310/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
A Southeast Asian producer applied a weekly increase of $30/ton on its PS offers from last week. The producer’s GPPS offers are currently standing at $1350-1370/ton CIF SEA, cash basis while the done deal of HIPS injection is at $1430/ton with the same terms.
An Indonesian agent of a South Korean producer also reported that their supplier raised its offers significantly by $60/ton from last week to $1440/ton for GPPS injection and $1520/ton for HIPS injection, all on CIF Indonesia, cash basis.
“Current price levels are already standing at quite high levels and it is hard to find customers to be interested in these levels. However, the producer is not under any sales pressure and they may pull their prices higher,” the trader said.
In Asia, spot ethylene prices on Far East Asia basis are currently $245/ton higher than its early August levels. CFR China based butadiene prices and FOB Korea based styrene prices also increased by around $290/ton and $75/ton respectively within the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm