Aug expectations revealed in European PET market
A converter in the food packaging industry said, “We didn’t have difficulty in finding material in July as we had built good stocks in June. Otherwise, we are aware that supply is still tight as demand is high in line with the season.”
The outlook is stable to firmer for next month as the existing tightness might be counterbalanced by slowing demand; however, increase attempts are also deemed likely especially if the Asian market sustains its firming and returns with increases.
A buyer said that import offers were limited and uncompetitive due to the firming in their local markets.
A distributor in Italy confirmed that there might be further increases in the import market, although European producers are not giving a clue about what their August pricing policy will be. He added, “Prices may remain stable to slightly firmer; yet, activity is expected to slow down.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull