August PE offers emerge in South Africa, Kenya
Accordingly, the Saudi producer cut its August offers by $30-40/ton for HDPE and LLDPE c4 film, while the producer’s new LDPE offers saw larger decreases of $70-90/ton from its latest levels in July.
The latest August offers are now standing at $1230-1260/ton for LDPE film, $1320-1360/ton for HDPE film, and $1160-1200/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CFR Durban, 90 days basis.
Meanwhile, players in Kenya received new PE offers for August with rollovers compared to July at $1350/ton for LDPE film, $1200/ton for LLDPE film and at $1360-1380/ton for HDPE film, all on CFR Mombasa, 90 days.
A source noted that the new prices met their expectations and added that they are expecting further reductions over the near term as demand remains poor.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness