August butadiene contract settles in US
TPC Group reportedly settled its August contract at 36 cents/lb ($793/ton), down 2 cents/lb ($44/ton) from July while Shell Chemicals and LyondellBasell settled their new contract with rollovers at 41 cents/lb ($904/ton). ExxonMobil, meanwhile, settled its August butadiene contract at 47 cents/lb ($1036/ton), down 2 cents/lb ($44/ton) from July, according to market players.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns