Axiall, Lotte Chemical delay ethane cracker project in Louisiana
In February 2014, the two companies signed a preliminary agreement for the construction of a $2 billion ethane cracker and a MEG plant which was planned to be operated by Lotte Chemical at Axiall’s Westlake site. The total investment value was reported at $3 billion.
So far, Axiall has completed the front-end engineering and design (FEED) studies for the project. The company reportedly stated that planned plants may start commercial runs in 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness