Axiall, Lotte reach final decision for US ethane cracker project
The new cracker will be partly integrated with Axiall’s vinyls business and it will also feed Lotte’s new MEG plant, which will be adjacent to the new cracker.
The companies selected LACC LLC, a joint venture between Axiall and Lotte Chemical, to build the new cracker while CB&I’s technology was chosen for the proposed cracker. So far, the companies have completed a front end engineering and design (FEED) study for the new facility.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?