Axiall, Lotte reach final decision for US ethane cracker project
The new cracker will be partly integrated with Axiall’s vinyls business and it will also feed Lotte’s new MEG plant, which will be adjacent to the new cracker.
The companies selected LACC LLC, a joint venture between Axiall and Lotte Chemical, to build the new cracker while CB&I’s technology was chosen for the proposed cracker. So far, the companies have completed a front end engineering and design (FEED) study for the new facility.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?