Azerbaijan’s SOCAR to upgrade its refinery, pauses OGPC project
SOCAR Vice President Tofig Gahramanov stated that the company’s oil refinery in Baku and Azerikimya Production Union’s chemical facilities will undergo maintenance as well as upgrades and that SOCAR plans to resume work on the OGPC project once crude oil prices stabilize.
The capacity of SOCAR’s oil refinery is expected to reach 7.5 million tons/year while new units are also slated to be installed at the site following the completion of the $1.3 billion project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?