BASF announces financial results for Q3
The company’s net profit increased by 50% to €1.34 billion ($1.58 billion) in the third quarter. This increase in net profit exceeded the expectations of €1.13 billion in a recent survey.
The company’s sales also rose by 9% compared with the prior-year quarter to €15.3 billion ($17.939 billion). This increase stemmed from good volumes development and significantly higher sales prices in the chemicals segment of the company.
Cash provided by operating activities of the company rose by €1.8 billion year-on-year to €7.6 billion in the third quarter of the year, mainly due to the rise in net income.
The company’s EBIT also increased from €1.5 billion to €2 billion from the same period of last year, while EBITDA rose by €570 million in Q3 to €3 billion on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs