BASF announces financial results for Q3
The company’s net profit increased by 50% to €1.34 billion ($1.58 billion) in the third quarter. This increase in net profit exceeded the expectations of €1.13 billion in a recent survey.
The company’s sales also rose by 9% compared with the prior-year quarter to €15.3 billion ($17.939 billion). This increase stemmed from good volumes development and significantly higher sales prices in the chemicals segment of the company.
Cash provided by operating activities of the company rose by €1.8 billion year-on-year to €7.6 billion in the third quarter of the year, mainly due to the rise in net income.
The company’s EBIT also increased from €1.5 billion to €2 billion from the same period of last year, while EBITDA rose by €570 million in Q3 to €3 billion on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes