BASF announces financial results for Q3
The company’s net profit increased by 50% to €1.34 billion ($1.58 billion) in the third quarter. This increase in net profit exceeded the expectations of €1.13 billion in a recent survey.
The company’s sales also rose by 9% compared with the prior-year quarter to €15.3 billion ($17.939 billion). This increase stemmed from good volumes development and significantly higher sales prices in the chemicals segment of the company.
Cash provided by operating activities of the company rose by €1.8 billion year-on-year to €7.6 billion in the third quarter of the year, mainly due to the rise in net income.
The company’s EBIT also increased from €1.5 billion to €2 billion from the same period of last year, while EBITDA rose by €570 million in Q3 to €3 billion on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe