BASF announces financial results for Q3
The company’s net profit increased by 50% to €1.34 billion ($1.58 billion) in the third quarter. This increase in net profit exceeded the expectations of €1.13 billion in a recent survey.
The company’s sales also rose by 9% compared with the prior-year quarter to €15.3 billion ($17.939 billion). This increase stemmed from good volumes development and significantly higher sales prices in the chemicals segment of the company.
Cash provided by operating activities of the company rose by €1.8 billion year-on-year to €7.6 billion in the third quarter of the year, mainly due to the rise in net income.
The company’s EBIT also increased from €1.5 billion to €2 billion from the same period of last year, while EBITDA rose by €570 million in Q3 to €3 billion on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE
- Downtrend continues into July in Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets
- Pace of PS drops in Asia slackens; ABS downtrend in full swing