BASF reports financial results for Q4
The company’s quarterly earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) were up by 15% to stand at €1.18 billion ($1.25 billion), which stood above the expectations of €1.12 billion ($1.19 billion) in a Reuters’ poll.
The company’s quarterly profit was attributed to the increase in sales volumes in their chemical business as well as the expenditures it had made on plants, equipments and product development.
On an annual basis, however, the company reported a drop of %6 in adjusted EBIT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets