BASF shut its Ludwigshafen steam crackers following a fire
There are two steam crackers which have a total production capacity of 620,000 tons/year at the Ludwigshafen site of the company.
The reasons for the fire are not yet known. However, it is reported that the case is under investigation by the company’s fire department and the authorities. BASF’s spokesperson stated that several people were injured in the explosion, but they do not know how many or what type of injuries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use