BP Zhuhai to start up new PTA plant in China
Meanwhile, BP is planning to upgrade its PTA plants at Cooper River, South Carolina and Geel, Belgium. The estimated value of the upgrade is expected to be over $200 million.
The planned upgrade project is intended to enable the company’s PTA plants to improve their cost competitiveness and minimize their environmental impact through the use of the company’s latest PTA technology. The company’s Cooper River’s PTA1 unit is expected to be upgraded by the middle of 2016 while Geel’s PTA3 unit is projected to be upgraded by the end of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness