BP Zhuhai to start up new PTA plant in China
Meanwhile, BP is planning to upgrade its PTA plants at Cooper River, South Carolina and Geel, Belgium. The estimated value of the upgrade is expected to be over $200 million.
The planned upgrade project is intended to enable the company’s PTA plants to improve their cost competitiveness and minimize their environmental impact through the use of the company’s latest PTA technology. The company’s Cooper River’s PTA1 unit is expected to be upgraded by the middle of 2016 while Geel’s PTA3 unit is projected to be upgraded by the end of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm