BP seeks sale of its stakes in petchem JV in China
SECCO was founded in 2001 by China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Corp.), Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited (SPC) and BP with an investment value of around $ 2.7 billion in a 30%, 20%, 50% stake, respectively.
According to the company’s official website, it can produce 1.09 million tons/year of ethylene, 650,000 tons/year of styrene, 520,000 tons/year of ACN, 180,000 tons/year butadiene, 600,000 tons/year of aromatics, 300,000 tons/year of PS, 600,000 tons/year of PE and 250,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports