BP to invest 12 billion dollars in Egyptian gas fields
BP is already one of the largest foreign investors in Egypt and had already invested over 25 billion dollars in the country over the past five decades.
According to BP’s chief executive Bob Dudley, the West Nile Delta project is the largest foreign investment in Egypt. “West Nile Delta production is key to Egypt’s energy security. All the gas would be fed into the national grid and would eventually double BP’s supply to the domestic market,” he added. BP also underlined the fact that the construction phase of the project would employ thousands of people.
The project is aimed to develop five trillion cubic feet of gas resources and 55 million barrels of condensates, with production expected to begin in 2017. Gas will be produced by two BP-operated offshore blocks, North Alexandria and West Mediterranean Deepwater, with a potential for additional future exploration.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note