BREAKING NEWS: Import LLDPE film breaks below $1000/ton threshold in China
Data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveal that the weekly average of LLDPE film prices on CFR China basis has hit its lowest level since March 2009. When compared to post-Chinese New Year holiday levels, import LLDPE film prices have lost around $60/ton on a weekly average basis.
A trader operating in Xinjiang reported that his LLDPE film offers are down by $30-40/ton from last week. The seller currently offers Indian LLDPE film at $980/ton and Saudi LLDPE film at $990/ton, both on CIF China, cash basis.
“Two major domestic producers’ overall polyolefin supplies remain at a high level and local suppliers have lowered their prices further in order to reduce their stocks. However, the weak state of demand has been further worsened by the re-escalation of trade tensions with the US. Following the recent round of bilateral tariffs between China and the US, the yuan has sharply depreciated against the USD. The weaker yuan has directly weighed on demand for import PE,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient