BREAKING NEWS: Import LLDPE film breaks below $1000/ton threshold in China
Data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveal that the weekly average of LLDPE film prices on CFR China basis has hit its lowest level since March 2009. When compared to post-Chinese New Year holiday levels, import LLDPE film prices have lost around $60/ton on a weekly average basis.
A trader operating in Xinjiang reported that his LLDPE film offers are down by $30-40/ton from last week. The seller currently offers Indian LLDPE film at $980/ton and Saudi LLDPE film at $990/ton, both on CIF China, cash basis.
“Two major domestic producers’ overall polyolefin supplies remain at a high level and local suppliers have lowered their prices further in order to reduce their stocks. However, the weak state of demand has been further worsened by the re-escalation of trade tensions with the US. Following the recent round of bilateral tariffs between China and the US, the yuan has sharply depreciated against the USD. The weaker yuan has directly weighed on demand for import PE,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure